NIWA: Heroes of Wrestling Aug 17, 2010 10:42:05 GMT -4
Post by jasonjaconetti on Aug 17, 2010 10:42:05 GMT -4
[glow=red,2,300]Heroes of Wrestling[/glow]
Show #13: 8/17/10
Paul London vs. Les Thatcher
- The younger London showed that his speed and high-flying tactics were too much for Thatcher, as London used a 450 Splash at 6:58.
Tiger Mask vs. Koko B. Ware
- More juniors on display here, as Ware was reeling from Mask's assault at the start of the match. Tiger nailed a cross-body block at 1:15.
Gorgeous George vs. George Steele
- Beauty versus the beast here, as both Georges looked to use their styles to gain an advantage. Steele hammered Gorgeous, but GG was able to thumb Steele in the eye to slow the big man down. GG used a rolling hip-lock to take the win at 7:42.
Interview with The Road Warriors
Animal and Hawk come out to be interviewed. They are both sporting bandages and stitches. The start by saying that they appreciate all the fans support and that they hope to be back in action soon. They are still recovering from the barbed-wire match. They hope to face the Kangaroos in the tag team title tournament and a first round match up would be fine with them! The Road Warriors left to the fans cheers.[/i]
Nigel McGuinness vs. Hillbilly Jim
- Nigel looked good here, as Nigel hit Jim hard and fast. Nigel went for a Jawbreaker, but Jim was able to block it by getting his arms up. This gave Nigel the chance to grab Jim's arm and delivery a short-arm clothesline at 4:19.
Bout #5: HOW Heavyweight Championship Match
Ox Baker vs. Terry Gordy (c)
- Baker and Gordy start brawling from the opening bell and they started raising lumps on each other's heads. Gordy clotheslined Ox hard and drove him to the mat. Gordy tried to Powerbomb Ox, but Baker thumbed him in the eye. A hard kick to the bread-basket and Ox was able to rear back and nail his Heart Punch. Terry went down hard, as Ox hooked the far leg (and a handful of tights) to score the win at 10:21 and become the new champion.