Shock Syndicate beat the number one contenders in The Others, who took the unorthodox route of getting a title shot when Exodus lost a singles match (which Exodus protested, but Gabriel made the challenge anyway, showman that he is). Now we've got controversy heading into the Others tag title match with the Archangels in that the Shock Syndicate can make a legit claim to a title match, too (and were actually in the tournament finals to begin with before being thrashed and having to be "rebuilt" after Hybrid Destruction got hold of them).
At any rate, it'll put the spotlight on the tag titles a little more, and I have plans to get Hybrid Destruction and the Brothers Oaken into the title mix soon, too.
Aspin Northstar vs. Witchdoctor Aspin Northstar defeated Witchdoctor with a NORTHERN LIGHTS SUPLEX Match Rating: 3.00 Match Notes: Aspin picked up the win against the enigmatci Witchdoctor in a solid opening bout.
Following the decision, the annoying Syndicate Tech announcer voice was heard. "Congratulations to Aspin Northstar," he began in false sincerity."Your showmanship is supreme and Syndicate Tech is happy to extend an invitation to compete for the new Holovision championship (sponsored by Syndicate Tech) on the next exciting show!"
- Two down, one to go - Peacemaker went to the ring and spoke about his problems with the members of The Dominion. He noted his victories over Darkseed and Nightmare and talked of his chance to make it three in a row. Godsend couldn't let that go, of course, and appeared in a cloud of smoke to offer his piece. Godsend told Peacemaker he'd beaten the "lesser demons", but has fallen to "the master" twice now and stands no chance again tonight. Peacemaker told Godsend that if he was so confident then they should make tonight's match no disqualification and ban everyone from ringside to ensure there is a clear winner. Peacemaker added that it'd be Godsend's perfect opportunity to back up his claims and, if he is what he says he is, put Peacemaker out of action for good. Godsend informed him that he didn't need to sell the idea so hard and Peacemaker needs to understand who he just made a deal with. Godsend laughed and disappeared once again.
Hustler vs. Sycophant the Deviant Hustler defeated Sycophant the Deviant with a SKULLCAP Match Rating: 2.00 Match Notes: Sycophant jumped at the bell, but Hustler turned it around and basically beat him up. He used a pistol whipping to set up the SKULL CAP and the pin.
After the fall Hustler went to do some more damage but the Centra prison guard Hustler got into a shoving match with once before pulled Sycophant out of the ring and threatened Hustler with a taser. Hustler shot him an angry look as Sycophant was cuffed and carried out of the arena.
Pendragon vs. Nes Kincade Pendragon defeated Nes Kincade with an OVERTHROW Match Rating: 3.00 Match Notes: Prior to the bout Nes took the mic and said he knew Pendragon looks like a slab of granite, but he's as soft as a marshmellow inside and that's why he couldn't hang with the New School. Pendragon was not a happy man following Kincade's pre-match comments and took it out on him in the ring. Nes did show remarkable resiliance, but eventually fell to the OVERTHROW.
The Syndicate Tech announcer was heard again. "Tough loss for a true showman, Nes Kincade. But let's turn that frown upside down because this valiant warrior will get a chance to add the aCe Holovision title (sponsored by Syndicate Tech) to his snappy outfit when he competes for the belt on the next show!"
- Neman Show - Nemean made his grand entrance and talked up the championship scene involving Avarice, Paganax, and aCe champ Shepard. AVARICE was introduced as the guest and Nemean started hard by running down Paganax's accomplishments since the re-branding of aCe as "All Centra Entertainment" and his legitimate claim to the number one contender slot. Avarice was not impressed and said Paganax has had an easy road to the title match coming up on the next show, rolling over washed-up warriors and unproven rookies to take the Centra Cup and amass his winning streak. Nemean told Avarice one man would be sure to disagree; Avarice's opponent in the upcoming bout, VENTROSS.
Ventross started down the aisle when he was mowed down from behind by PAGANAX. Paganax used the big choke slam in the aisle and made his way to the ring to get at Avarice. Avarice backed up and braced himself but SHEPARD raced out to head off Paganax before he could hit the ring. Shepard held his ground as Paganx roared. The champ, aCe championship belt in one hand and cricifix dagger in the other, told the challenger that if he wants to see a title match on the next show he had better heed the warning and leave now. Paganax fumed and screamed, telling Shepard that his time was up and Avarice was next before turning and stomping back down the aisle.
Shepard and Nemean went to the side of their injured mutual ally Ventross, as Avarice demanded a referee come out and ring the bell for their scheduled match. Nemean tried to argue that the match should be postponed, but Ventross managed to get to his feet, brushed his allies aside, and insisted that he would compete.
Ventross vs. Avarice Avarice defeated Ventross with a Tiger Driver Match Rating: 2.50 Match Notes: ventross was apparently hurting from his run-in with Paganax on the Nemen Show, allowing Avarice to dominate the bout and get the win with a Tiger Driver.
- no disqualification - Peacemaker vs. Godsend Peacemaker defeated Godsend with a Peacemaker's Oath Match Rating: 4.00 Match Notes: This wild match began in the aisle leading to the ring and saw plenty of action both in and out of the ring. Godsend seemed to have it won when he used Hell's Threshold, but Peacemaker managed to power out. Peacemaker fought back and hit a big running lariat after throwing Godsend into the ropes and followed up with his finisher to get the pin.
After the bout Peacemaker used his finisher two more times for good measure to give warning to all rulebreakers who would oppose him.
- Holovision qualifier - Aspin Northstar vs. Nes Kincade Nes Kincade defeated Aspin Northstar with a countout Match Rating: 3.50 Match Notes: Fast-paced, good opening match. Aspin missed the Flash Of Brilliance, Nes missed MTFO, finally a big dive from the top rope to the floor took out Aspin to give Nes the countout win.
- Holovision qualifier - Nemean vs. Flatliner Nemean defeated Flatliner with a Sky Twister Press Match Rating: 4.00 Match Notes: Flatliner was programmed to thrill the crowd and he did just that. Nemean was shocked and awed but did not give up, finally coming all the way back from seeming imminent defeat to score the win and go on to the Holovision title match.
- best of seven; Holovision qualifier - Totalis vs. Scud Scud defeated Totalis with a Crash And Burn Match Rating: 3.00 Match Notes: Scud scored an impressive win over the unlucky Totalis to take his second win in the best of seven series and more importantly taking one step closer to the Holovision Championship. After the match Totalis tried to attack Scud from behind but was cut off by Nemean who gave him a Show Biz gutbuster for his troubles.
- tag team title match - The Archangels vs. The Others for the aCe Tag Team Championship Gabriel defeated Odyssey with a JUDGEMENT DAY at 26:49 Match Rating: 4.00 Match Notes: Both teams gave it their all in this lengthy battle of will and determination. Gabriel started all of the trouble between these teams with his confidence and quick mouth but he was also the one who ended it by picking up the winning fall.
- submission match - Lance At-Las vs. The Amazing Mann The Amazing Mann defeated Lance At-Las with an Unbreakable Match Rating: 4.00 Match Notes: A grueling back and forth match ended when Mann was FINALLY able to lock in Unbreakable at full strength and get the win.
- Holovision title match - Nemean vs. Nes Kincade vs. Scud for the aCe Holovision Championship Nes Kincade defeated Scud with a MTFO Nes Kincade defeated Nemean with a MTFO Match Rating: 4.00 Match Notes: An incredible triple threat elimination saw Nes score both pins with his impressive finisher and claim the Holovision title for the New School.
- The New School - Avarice made his way to the ring with the The Brothers Oaken to congratulate Nes on his win. Avarice made it a point to be the first to introduce Nes as the new Holovision champion, a master entertainer and fighter. He said there was never any doubt because his family's fortune paid for and trained the best and that's what he has in the ring tonight; the best faction in aCe bar none. Avarice said the Archangels were lucky to have defended the tag team championship tonight and did so only because they were not in the ring with the Brothers. Rorus threatened to pluck the angels' wings anytime and anywhere and Donk growled and said it didn't matter who they fought the result would be the same: bruises and broken bones for the other guys. Avarice concluded by saying there was one more piece to soon be put into place and that is the aCe championship. He promised either Shepard of Paganax that he'd be waiting for the winner and their celebration would be short lived because the next defense could be their last.
- aCe championship match - Shepard vs. Paganax for the aCe Championship Shepard defeated Paganax with a Silver Bullet Match Rating: 4.50 Match Notes: This match had some great exchanges and plenty of near wins by both men before Shepard finally overcame his larger and more savage adversary to retain the aCe championship.
analysis: Despite the loss at Championship Challenge, Paganax retains the number one contender spot. Avarice talks a good game, but at the number five slot he may have a hard time convincing higher ranked enemy Pendragon that he is the one who deserves the next title shot (to say nothing of the argument from Peacemaker who believes the championship is his to win). Expect that dispute to be addressed on the next show. Totalis is in the top ten only because of his record being padded with wins over Scud. Nightmare had early success, but the squabbling amongst members of the Dominion has only served to hurt the progress of all three members. They stand as the only team with all three members in the top ten. If and when they get on the same page they could be a deadly force in aCe, but right now none of the heroes take them as a serious threat despite their win-loss record.
No real surprises in the tag team ranks. The Brothers Oaken are next in line for a title shot and the Archangels need to be prepared or else Avarice bold prediction of New School dominance will be one step closer to becoming a reality.