AWA All-Star Wrestling #1 01.01.2000 from WTCN-TV Studios
- Opening - Host is Rodger Kent
The show opens with the cameras zooming in on the AWA World Heavyweight Championship belt in a glass case. Verne Gagne welcomes the fans to the AWA. He goes on to talk about the importance of the AWA World Title and goes over the long list of men that have had the honor of holding the belt. Now the time has come to bring the belt back into the world of wrestling and crown a new champion. Next week, he plans to reveal the 8 men that will battle in a tournament for one of the most prestigious titles in all of wrestling.
- Singles Match - Buff Bagwell vs. Randy Barber Buff Bagwell defeated Randy Barber with a BUFF BLOCKBUSTER at 2:26 Match Rating: 0.25 Match Notes: Buff caught the opponent with a dropkick. Buff climbed to the middle rope and hit the Buff Blockbuster to pick up the victory.
- Harley Race Interview - Harley Race and Bobby Heenan join Rodger Kent at ringside. Heenan is glad to have the AWA up and running again. Not only does it mean a place to make more money but it also provides an excellent opportunity for one of his men to grab the AWA World Heavyweight Championship.
Race talks about how the AWA World Heavyweight Championship was always a belt that eluded him in his career. He may have been an 8x NWA World Heavyweight Champion but he always wanted to wear the AWA belt at least one time. Now he has the chance to go out there and win the belt. He's not going to pass a once in a lifetime chance up like that. Even if he has to beatdown his fellow Heenan Family member Nick Bockwinkle.
- Tag Team Match - The Midnight Express vs. Infernos Bobby Eaton defeated Inferno #2 with a VEG-O-MATIC at 2:36 Match Rating: 0.50 Match Notes: Lane caught the opponent with the Superkick. Eaton tagged in and they hit the Veg-O-Matic for the victory.
- Midnight Express Interview - The Midnight Express and Jim Cornette stop in with Rodger Kent for an interview. Cornette is excited to be in the new AWA. He is excited for a new tag team division for the often imitated and never duplicated Midnight Express to dominate. He does know when those AWA tag belts will come into play but he knows for sure that they'll be around the waists of the Midnight Express right off the bat.
- Singles Match - The Destroyer vs. Tommy Angel The Destroyer defeated Tommy Angel with a cross-body block at 4:15 Match Rating: 1.50 Match Notes: The Destroyer worked the intelligent sleeper for most of this match. He hit the sensational suplex and then came off the top rope with a cross body block for the win.
- Destroyer Interview - The Destroyer stops in with Rodger Kent for an interview. He hopes that Gagne finds a spot for him in the AWA World Heavyweight Title Tournament. He's proven himself to be an elite world class wrestler over the decades of his career. In fact, he previously held the AWA World Heavyweight Championship while calling himself Doctor X. His previous reign as the champion in the late 60s should be more than enough reason to include him in the tournament now.
- Main Event - Nick Bockwinkle vs. Jake Milleman Nick Bockwinkle defeated Jake Milleman with a back suplex at 0:40 Match Rating: 0.00 Match Notes: Bockwinkle caught the opponent with a back suplex to pick up a very quick win on the debut episode of AWA All-Star Wrestling.
- Close - Rob Van Dam appears at the entrance area. He points at himself as the show fades to black.
The Road Warriors, George Hackenschmidt, the Bolsheviks and S.D. Jones will all be in action.
Post by maddog1981 on Feb 12, 2011 23:53:54 GMT -4
AWA All-Star Wrestling #2 01.08.2000 from WTCN-TV Studios
- Opening - Host is Rodger Kent
Verne Gagne and the AWA World Heavyweight Championship start off the show again this week. Gagne is proud to announce the brackets for the AWA Tournament:
Harley Race vs. Jimmy Snuka Rikidozan vs. George Hackenschmidt Nick Bockwinkle vs. the Destroyer Killer Kowalski vs. Rob Van Dam
- Singles Match - S.D. Jones vs. Paul Garner S.D. Jones defeated Paul Garner with a HEAD BUTT at 1:46 Match Rating: 0.25 Match Notes: S.D. Jones sent the opponent into the ropes and hit a big back body drop. S.D. Jones caught the opponent with the Head Butt and covered to pick up the victory by pinfall.
- Rob Van Dam Interview - Rob Van Dam comes to the announce table for an interview. He explains that the AWA has never seen a wrestler like him before. He's going to go into that tournament and outlast seven other wrestlers and become the next AWA World Heavyweight Champion.
- Tag Team Match - The Bolsheviks vs. Ken Lightfoot and Rooster Cogburn Nikolai Volkoff defeated Ken Lightfoot with a throat drop on ropes at 4:05 Match Rating: 0.75 Match Notes: Volkoff blocked a dropkick and then hit a leg drop. Volkoff dropped the opponent onto the ropes throat first and tagged Zhukov in. Zhukov ran over the opponent repeatedly with clotheslines before tagging Volkoff back in. Volkoff used a throat drop on the ropes to pick up the win for the Bolsheviks.
- Fabulous Kangaroos Interview - "Wild" Red Berry and the Fabulous Kangaroos are out for an interview. Red Berry explains that he spent years looking for the perfect tag team. He searched the world over multiple times until finally, finally, he found these two men in the Australian Outback. These men were living off the land and hunting some of the most dangerous animals that Australia has to offer. Meet Al Costello and Roy Heffernan, the Fabulous Kangaroos. They are going to demolish the Midnight Express and the Road Warriors on their way to the AWA Tag Team Titles.
- Singles Match - George Hackenschmidt vs. Mark Hill George Hackenschmidt defeated Mark Hill with a RUSSIAN BEAR HUG at 0:58 Match Rating: 0.00 Match Notes: Hackenschmidt used a twisting heel hook to wear the opponent down. Hackenschmidt applied the Russian Bear Hug to pick up the win.
- Nick Bockwinkle Interview - Nick Bockwinkle and Bobby Heenan are out for an interview. Bockwinkle explains that there won't be any hard feelings between him and Race over this tournament. Either way, the belt will come to the Heenan Family where it belongs. He thinks it would be a pleasure to step in the ring with a world class wrestler like Race. He expects that they'll both make the final of the tournament.
- Main Event - Road Warriors vs. Jim and Mac Jeffers Hawk defeated Jim Jeffers with a DOOMSDAY DEVICE at 1:25 Match Rating: 0.25 Match Notes: Hawk used a vertical suplex to take the opponent down. Doomsday Device finished things for the Road Warriors. The Midnight Express hit the ring as the bell rings. They smash Animal and Hawk with folding chairs but it doesn't have any effect. The Road Warriors run over Eaton and Lane with clotheslines. Animal grabs Lane and hits the Powerslam. They hit Eaton with the Doomsday Device before leaving the ring.
- Close - Next Week:
Harley Race, Rikidozan, the Midnight Express and Steve Williams will be in action.
Overall Card Rating: 0.31
Last Edit: Feb 12, 2011 23:54:20 GMT -4 by maddog1981